Student guest post by Jessica Bell
Social Media is a great tool to boost your business. But, there is always room for improvement! Use these tips to help enhance your social media!
- Schedule Your Posts! Having a strategy for your social media presence and building your posts around that is key. You want to know ahead of time what you will be posting because it should all point back to whatever strategy you’re using.
- Be engaged! Know what people are commenting on your posts and respond. This shows you are personable and interested in your customers.
- Use interactive features. Posting trivia questions about the business or challenging your customers to share your posts is a great way to get your customers to interact with your social media site as well as boost your presence.
- Don’t overkill it. Everyone knows that each business wants to promote themselves, but that shouldn’t be your focus for your social media sites. Use the 80/20 rule: 80% of your posts should be on informing/educating your audience and 20% should be spent promoting.
- Time for Show & Tell! Take advantage of graphics, and use less words. Your audience is going to pay more attention to an eye-grabbing picture versus a long, wordy post, even if both posts are covering the same topic.